Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Egg Transfer Take One!

So Monday morning we headed down to WR for our Egg Transfer.. I had my big ol' bottle of Gatorade and was drinking it religiously since I had to have a completely full bladder.

Well, we walk up to Ward 43, and at this point I'm dying because I have to pee so bad!! We sit down right away and I pull out my trusty Nintendo DSi (best way to pass time =P). Well, then the Doctor comes up and is like "come back in my office we have to talk first" WOW that can't be good news, I'm like freaking out thinking that none of them made it.. eep!

WELL..

The Doctor goes over our chart, informs me (again) that I've had a picture perfect cycle - exactly what they want out of their patients. etc. etc. That never fails to surprise me since I always assumed they wanted you to have tons of eggs, but I guess 10 is the perfect number and we had 9 :0).

Anyways, she then goes on to give us the quality of the 6 embryos we have.. WELL... 4 of them are doing perfectly (they graded them a Grade 2 - but she also said that WR is VERY strict and they RARELY give out Grade 1's -so ours would be considered perfect anywhere else) and the other two are a Grade 4 (those ones are eh). So because those 4 are doing perfect the embryologist felt more than comfortable taking them out to day 5 Blastocysts. So our transfer was pushed back until Wednesday (May 6th).

OMG can you believe it? FINALLY good news!! We're so excited!!

No comments: