Well we had our ER yesterday (5/1).
Wednesday night Jeff gave me the HCG shot. He hates to hurt me, so it's pretty funny to have him give me a shot. lol First he put it in slowly till I yelled that it hurt so he then just jabbed it the rest of the way in- much better! Thursday we headed back to WR for our last blood draw - I really thought we'd get a day break from getting up so early - but nope.
Friday morning we got up even earlier than normal and I jumped in the shower (you have to shower before you go - and then no lotion, no deoderant, no makeup etc.). Got out and dressed, brushed my hair and went downstairs. I was way thirsty at this point (you know the whole surgery - can't eat or drink after midnight).
Anyways we get to WR and go up to Ward 67.. where we checked in and then sat down to wait. Not too long after I got called back to check my vitals and change into their robe thing. One other couple was there with us that day. Around 7:30ish we got walked down to Ward 44 (IVF Clinic), we each got put into our own rooms where we hung out for awhile. The CRNA came in to talk to me anesthesia, all the effects and all of that. About the same time Jeff got called back to give his "sample". The CRNA put the IV in my arm (ouch - made me bleed a little bit and I could feel the IV in - not cool). After a little while (in which I was playing my new Nintendo DSi woot woot!), the Doctor came in to go over everything (by that time Jeffrey was back!). She left and I took out my contacts because they were ready for me! The CRNA walked me down the hall (totally blind w/o contacts), I remember laying on the table and getting covered with a blanket.. the next thing I knew I was already in the recovery ward. I remember hearing them say something about 9 eggs and being in some pain. The nurse gave me some fetanoyl in my IV which helped a little bit. I eventually came completely around and drank some Apple Juice.
Next I was transferred to the Stage II recovery ward back up on Ward 67. I had to pee in a container so they could make sure everything was fine. I then sat in the chair and had more Apple Juice and crackers (to make sure I could keep it down), Jeff came in with me after a little while. Definitely nice to see him again , he was the first thing I asked for after coming out of anesthia! awww <3
Oh yeah - the best part!!! Jeff's count post-was was 2 MILLION!! OMG can you believe it? How awesome is that! (For those who don't know - his count post-wash for our first IUI was only 357,000 and it was 950,000 for the second one) He's been taking 25mg of Clomid once a day since mid October and it's REALLY working!!! We're both extremely proud of that number! For us it's GREAT!
We had some drama with my meds, basically I believe I'm allergic to Percocet (after a horrible reaction after I got my wisdom teeth removed) and my Doc's fellow basically called me a liar and wouldn't prescripe anything different.. UGH BITCH!.
Anyways- everything got settled down and I was able to leave - Jeff had to push me in a wheelchair - how embarassing! LOL. We made it home and I vegged on the couch - was def. in some pain. Jeff went and got some food (which I scarfed down!), he took amazing care of me (as usual - my hubby rocks). I also slept for awhile.
That night was my first PIO shot (progesterone in oil). Everything I've heard/read said it hurts -so I was all prepared with the tips I had learned. First I drew up the oil into the syringe and put the whole thing in the middle of a heating pad until it was warm. Then I warmed up my bottom with the pad. Jeff injected me with a dart like motion (the arrow thing facing up so the meds went up not down) and injected the PIO nice and slow. Afterwards I cleaned the area with alcohol and wiped it with gauze. Finally, I sat on a heating pad for like 10 mins. It seriously didn't hurt at all! I've definitely got a routine now and hope the future shots don't hurt either!
Well, thats it.. It wasn't too bad - easier and worse than I expected - if that makes sense.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment