OK so here's the updates on my appointments that I promised.
On Tuesday (Feb 17th) I had my saline sonogram (hysterosonogram). First of all I've never been to Portsmouth Naval Hospital, and it's freaking huge! Secondly, I had just gotten my new tattoo 2 days before and my foot was still really sore, so I had my pant leg rolled up, my flip flop half on my foot and I was limping.. I'm sure I looked like a complete moron.
Well I walked (limped) back to the Ultrasound lab.. talked to the secretary, what a complete bitch! Backstory: When she called me, she told me I had to get a pregnancy test no more than 3 days before.. that's all she said.. OK well she asked if I had gotten it done, to which I said no. I explained that 3 days before was Saturday, lab was closed.. lab was closed on Sunday and Monday was Presidents Day so the lab was closed then, there was no way I could get it done. Well she got all bitchy and basically said too bad you need it done, call us when your period starts again and we'll get you a new appt. I freaked the fuck out, NO WAY I was going to wait until next cycle, this was the LAST thing I needed done to get medical clearance, so I asked to speak to her superior... The doctor comes out and I explain everything to him.. he put in an order to get the test and told me to go to the lab right away.. So I went and got it done (negative duh!) and came back.
Well they called my back, got a normal pelvic ultrasound done to see everything.. then I finally got to pee! After I peed I had a transvaginal ultrasound.. then the doctor came in and explained the procedure to me. He did the hysterosonogram, it wasn't too bad, I was crampy but not unbareably so.. He said that everything looks good and I have a "beautiful perfect uterus". Woohoo for me!
So today (the 20th) I had my appt for my colposcopy.. I get all the way to Ft. Eustis and one of the nurses calls me.. She's like "I'm sorry Mrs. Wilson but we have to reschedule, the doctor had an emergency and had to leave".. so I'm like well... when are we talking for a reschedule?... To which March 2nd is replied.. So I'm kinda having a panic attack, but calmly tell her that we're PCSing March 1st and that's why I made the appt for today, and I really need it done.. So she looks and the other Doctor has an opening! Woohoo! Finally some luck!. lol
Well, I got there, talked to the Doctor and then got the procedure done. It kinda hurts to get your cervix scraped up.. but whatever.. gotta do what you gotta do. After it was done, I asked the Doctor what he thinks and he said that He's pretty confident that it was the HPV and nothing else, but that the official results will be available in 7-10 days...
So I called Walter Reed and let them know that my Hysterosonogram results are available to view and I got my colposcopy done and they said it was nothing major... I'm waiting for a call back to see where we go from here..
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy Moley what rigamoral! I am glad that you were able to get everything done and do not have to wait! I would have been ticked off and would have complained about that secretary. Actually, I would write a letter to the hospital about her.
A few steps closer to your BFP! WooHoo! I can't wait for you to join us in the grads section!
Post a Comment