Thursday, February 5, 2009

IVF Orientation

So I had our IVF orientation on Tuesday (Feb 3). I got up at 6:30am, left the house at about 7:45am, I thought that I should leave earlier because DC traffic can be insane. Well, turns out that I really didn't need too, I got there at 11am (an hour early). I checked in and read until we all got called back.

I would say there were about 8 couples and 4 ladies (including me). I was pretty happy that I wasn't the only one without my husband. *sigh* Dr. Payson (IVF director- head doctor) came out and talked to us about everything. He had a whole slideshow about the IVF process, what to expect, the risks, percentages and everything. Pretty interesting but I knew most of it already. Walter Reed and the ART Institute of Washington, Inc. work together in this program, they've been consistently in the top percent of ART clinics in the country since they opened. So I'm happy that they're so good. After Dr. Payson's presentation, one of the nurses came out and had us sign and hand over a bunch of paperwork, we also got a list of the medications that were already prescribed and ready to pick up. She also went over the IVF schedules, when we'd start, etc. etc. Next came the financial lady (Leslie). She talked about what everything costs, collected our deposits and had us sign even more paperwork. OMG I'm sick of paperwork already. LOL. Well, once we're medically cleared, Leslie will call for us to pay and then give us our baseline date. She should start calling for payment at the end of February. Jeff and I are all ready to pay because we want to get in ASAP, we should be set to cycle in around April 7th.

After all of this (about 2.5 hours). We had to run down to Walter Reed's pharmacy, got a number and waited around for awhile for it to be called. Once my number was called, I went up to that window and got my medication. I have the Birth Control Pills I'll have to be on, some more prenatals and my Lupron (which is sitting in the fridge since my house can get warmer than 77 degrees on warm days). Then I got to drive home, OMG it took like almost 4 hours to get home! I got caught in some traffic and also had to stop to get some food because I was STARVING!

O yeah here's some freaking bad news:

So I got a call from my doctor (well they called Jeffs phone for some reason) on Monday, so I called back while I was driving up to Walter Reed. So she informs me that my pap came back Abnormal. GREAT! Just what I freaking wanted to hear! And she couldn't even tell me if this would interfere with my IVF. I called the appointment line today (Jan 5) and they couldn't get me into March 16! WTF we're PCSing on March 1st! So I called the actual clinic to make an appointment and they said they could get me in on March 2nd. Well that won't work, we'll be in Maryland. So I called back my doctor's office to see what I'm supposed to do and am now waiting for one of thier moronic nurses to call me back. UGH

So right now, I'm waiting for AF to show so I can schedule my Saline Sonogram and start my Birth Control. I'm hoping she'll come early next week. And I'm also waiting to hear back about what I'm supposed to do about the other appointment since I need a colposcopy and it has to be done soon. Hope I can catch a break soon.

2 comments:

*Michelle* said...

Wow- Orientation, how great!! I hope everything else comes together!

Anonymous said...

I hope all of your ducks line up just right and that this works out for you!