So, we had our baseline appointment this morning. God I am so NOT a morning person.. getting up at 4:30 in the morning SUCKS! LOL... I did it anyway.. because well it's totally worth it.
Anyways.. we got to WR with plenty of time to spare and walked into the OB Clinic. It's kind of funny because they do a bunch of patients at once so we had to grab a number and sit (reminds me of the deli. lol). Well our number got called so I went back and got my blood drawn. Then we went back for an ultrasound to check on how things were (my lining, ovary size and antral follicle count). My lining is perfect for where I'm at in my cycle (the very beginning!), my ovaries are perfectly normal and my antral follicle count was 18. I had 6 on my left ovary and 12 on my right.. talk about unbalanced.. hehe.. My antral follicle count is perfect, I'm in the category with the "best" pregnancy rates, so that's pretty awesome.
After the ultrasound we sat down with the Doctor. We got our "official" schedule and what dosages of meds I'll be taking. Here's the schedule
Starting tonight (15th) I have to reduce my Lupron to 5 units once a day. Then on Sunday (19th) I'll start taking my stims (75 IU of Menopur and 75 IU of Gonal-F). On Wednesday (22nd) I'll go in for blood work to measure my estradiol levels to make sure I'm responding to the medication. On the 24th I'll go back again for blood work, an ultrasound and pre-op. Everything after that is very tentative because it depends on how I respond to the treatment.
OK, so after the Doc we had to wait for the pharmacy to open. It finally does, we get our number and get called to the desk. Well... after a wait and some difficulties I finally got my meds... or did I?.. LOL well we checked the bag before we left completely and the moron forgot to give me my Gonal-F! WTF! What a pain in the ass! Thankfully we actually checked before we left because that would have majorly sucked. ugh (O that picture at the top is ALL my medication minus one box of Lupron)
Next came injectables class.. that was pretty boring, seeing as how I already know how to do it all. I did learn that I can mix the Gonal-F and Menopur so I can take them as one single shot! So I'll only have 2 a day :0) thats pretty cool.
My PIO will be here tomorrow (overnight delivery from Freedom Fertility Pharmacy - it's the only thing that WR doesn't carry). That's really the only shot I'm a little concerned with because I've heard horror stories.. but I think I'll be OK..
Well there's your update :0) I'm very excited/nervous about this whole thing.. I guess you could term it "cautiously optimistic"... I don't want to get my hopes completely up because I don't think I could handle the complete disapointment if it didn't happen to work... ugh PLEASE keep us in your thoughts and prayers! <3
1 comment:
I'll be praying that the PIO doesn't give you fits, and that you get a healthy little bean!
Post a Comment