Friday, October 31, 2008

Well heres whats been going on...

Well I took Clomid 50mg from CD 5-9.. went in for my post coital exam and had another U/S... saw three follicles still but not mature yet. My next appointment was Monday morning. Again there were follicles, 2 were 17.5mm and 1 was 16.5, I had 2 more also but they were no where near ready. The doc gave me a prescription for a trigger shot (its a straight shot of HCG to cause ovulation in 36 hours). We went and picked it up.

Tuesday night at 5:30 Jeff gave me the trigger shot in the butt. lol. He was pretty nervous about doing it, but he did it perfectly. The shot site was pretty sore for a day or two afterwards. I had some ovulation pain for awhile. On Thursday morning we went back to the RE. Jeff gave his sample at 8am, we went out to breakfast and went to Target. At 9:30 we went back for the IUI. I get undressed and am laying on the table, my doc comes in and lets us know that Jeff's sample came to only 357,000 after the sperm wash. We were both pretty upset, we definitely weren't expecting the numbers to be that low. She asked us if we were sure we still wanted to do the IUI. I really didn't want too, didn't really see a point with numbers that low, but Jeff wanted to go ahead anyway since it was onlt $200. We ended up doing the IUI, afterwards I layed there for 10 mins and cried. We payed and left.

The rest of the day we were both pretty down. It really was a shock after his last SA for the numbers to be that low. We're doing better today. If we end up pregnant this cycle, it really will be a miracle.

If this cycle is a bust then here's the plan:

* Next cycle we'll be on a forced break because of the Navy.
* But the cycle after that (Dec).. I'll take Clomid 50mg again, have the trigger shot again and do another IUI. This is all dependant on whether the timing of my cycle would be right or not.
* If that doesn't work the next 2 cycles (Jan and Feb) we'd be on a break again because of the Navy.

I'm really tempted to call my PCM and get a referral to Walter Reed for an IVF put in. I feel like doing IUI after IUI w/ #'s these low would be completely pointless and a waste of money. We'll see though.

No comments: