My DH dropped off his "sample" for his SA last week and we just got the results back today.. Not good news.. not good news at all.
His count is less than 5 million. There wasn't even enough to test, so that under 5 million was just a guess. We knew it was low from last time, but it didn't get any better at all . Everything else is completely normal, viscosity, PH, etc etc... just his count is so low.
I don't know what to do. I don't know what can be done. It's so hard to get a referral and get everything fixed through the military. We're not even sure if his PCM will give him a referral to a urologist.
I'm trying so hard to be strong. I know it's killing him... He was crying in the car after we found out. how heartbreaking is that. :(
How am I supposed to stay strong and be supportive, when all I want to do is cry... I know it's going to be so hard to get pregnant.. hell we're moving onto Month 11 and nada so far..
I'm really hoping and praying that this is our infertility issue. I wouldn't be able to take it if something is seriously wrong with me too. :unsure:
Sorry this is kind of rambly I'm still torn up about it all.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry, that is tough news to hear. In our last double IUI we just had, my DH only had 2 million motile sperm. But you know what, my doctor told me that even though your odds are decreased with a lower sperm count, women DO get pregnant with low counts. So there is always hope if his counts continue to stay low (in fact, he was telling me about a young couple in his office who had an IUI with 1.5 million and got pregnant. He also told me about several couple who have gotten pregnant multiple times with low counts. Maybe they needed a little "boost", but still, there is hope!)
Also, my DH's first semen analysis had crazy numbers--440 million. He has not even come close to that count since. I think it was because just prior to that first analysis he had been on a combo of vitamins I made him take. If you are interested, let me know and I can give you the list of what he was taking. He is going to be starting the regimen again soon. It can't hurt and who knows, maybe it will help.
Anyways, I wish I could give you a big hug. I have faith you will get pregnant, this is just a bump (I know an extremely painful bump) on the road. And these fertility struggles you have, as much as they suck, are also making you stronger. You will be an amazingly strong and wonderful mother, I just know it. You WILL be able to handle all this, as difficult as it may be. We both will. If only we could hang out in person and eat ice cream while bawling our head off about the shittyness of infertility, that would be really great.
thanks Michelle.. I REALLY needed that boost *hugz*. It really sucks to have to deal with all of this, but you are right, it'll make us better mothers for having to go through this.
I'd definitely be interesting in knowing what vitamins your DH was taking. I've heard of Maca Root, Vitamin E, Vitamin C and a multivitamin being helpful. Anything else you know of would be great!.
thanks again for the morale support, it means so much more when the person giving it knows how it feels. *hugz*
Post a Comment