Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Doc Appt

~ pretty much copy/pasted from JM~

Well I got taken right back. weighed and my blood pressure taken.. everyone was really nice.. The Doctor then comes in. We talked about infertility and the causes. He asked me a bunch of questions. I told him I chart and showed them to him. He was really impressed that I was so on top of things and said everything I'm doing now is what he would have originally recommended. He's concerned about my irregular cycles (anywhere from 19- 43 days). He was very knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable. He then did a pelvic exam and said everything felt normal. I got about 8 vials of blood drawn and have an appt to get a transvaginal ultrasound to make sure everything looks ok.

The plan is... to keep trying for the next two cycles with my CBEFM and timed intercourse. If we're not pregnant by then to call and make a new appt (sooner if my blood work and US come back abnormal). At this point he's going to get more aggressive. We spoke of a getting a HSG done and another SA on DH and of course fertility drugs. I'm a little disappointed that he didn't want to do anything more aggressive now, but I understand his reasoning for it. He's pretty confident that I will get pregnant shortly, esp since I've gotten pregnant before, he knows my body's capable of it.

So that was my doc appt.... So I have this cycle.. and next cycle... at the end of that cycle I'm too call and make an appt (since the wait was 3 weeks last time and he doesn't want me to waste another cycle)... I'm kind of anxious, since I've pretty much accepted that I'm not going to get pregnant on my own.. I hate being so pessimistic about it.. but after hitting the 9th month mark.. I can't really help but feel that way.. *sigh*

No comments: